EXPAND YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND PUT SOME ADVENTURE IN YOUR LIFE

How spacious is your comfort zone? Are you weak inside? Frightened about taking that decision? Are you thinking about starting something new, doing something different, but afraid to take the first steps because there's just too many unknowns and what if it all goes wrong? Do you look at the edges of your comfort zone and tell yourself.. Why is it so small?

Such feelings are more common than you may think, of course, safety and security are fundamental needs for all of us and much of our lives are geared into arranging things so that we can reliably predict our next circumstances and prepare how to deal with it. Do you revolve around those circle of person's that create habits and routines, whereas find themselves doing that same thing and sticking to them religiously.

What do I mean by comfort zone?
Don't we all love the zest of life that happens in young children, doing the unpredictable, curious about everything, always want to try new things, ready to explore. The whole world is new to them. Yet all so soon, it seems the pattern of "clinging to the familiar" begins to show.

We quickly learn what is "safe" adapting to the new rule, sticking to the familiar pattern, embracing and making our lives easier for us, we build up a 'comfort zone' we can sum up as 'what we know and can rely on'. This can be geographic (your house, your neighbour, your town) behavioural (what you eat, how you sleep, how you dress) socially (the people you hang out with, the places you visit, your family, your community) work related (your job, your colleague) Ideological (religion, political mindset).

There's nothing wrong with having a comfort zone - everybody needs one!  your comfort zone is a guideline to help you plan ahead, to know where you intend to go and how you intend to finish up, your future, your routine without interruption.
We all need that sense of security, safety and belonging. However, have we ever took a moment and ask what could be behind that door of our comfort zone, probably I will have to label it as 'discomfort zone" but it doesn't neccessarily appear that way. There's this saying "everything we ever wanted is on the other side of our deepest fears".

Critically I'm going to put myself on the line as a very good example, you see I just started this blog and I have no idea whatsoever I'm doing, BUT! I have this sense of relish that I feel, because within me honestly is already starting to feel like I'm leaving my comfort zone, because it feels like I'm starting to overwork myself, waking up most of the time at night, checking my mails, doing more research work than the usual, I use to write for a few hours in a day, now is taking most of my time, checking all my pages, following the trend, fighting with mum over my new phone addiction (this is the interesting part), less phone calls, having little time for my sleep and movies, less interest for food, you see all that seems like I'm been force to suffer over something I single handedly picked- at some point leaving your comfort zone starts to feel like that, doing the extraordinary but finding solace in it. Not forgetting my fears I'm scared my blog might fail me, I'm scared no one will ever visit here or even like any of my post, I'm scared I'm probably not making sense and feeling like I'm just wasting my time, I know I have competition, people way better, but you see that is the whole thing, you haven't seen it until you start it. I knew I have passion for writing, relating, socializing, interacting and being expressive, but I was scared because we have so many writers out there and people with a lot of visional purposes for their blog's. But the whole essence is- there's always YOU then OTHER'S, do you aspire to write, do you aspire to sing, dance, draw, be felt, be seen, do you aspire to open your own blog, do you aspire to do whatever you have in mind, You need to start somewhere, there's always someone smarter, and one who is good at what he/she does but so are you, if you don't start, you will never know. Bring yourself out of your comfort zone, leave your daily routine, do something different, try something you're not consistent with, what are you scared of trying- do it.

Your comfort zone can be harmful- how?
Your comfort zone tends to be harmful when your daily routine starts to make you feel like a prisoner. When your natural human desire (which have been there for a long time) can't reach out to new things and something out of the ordinary, doing something different for your benefit starts feeling like a handful of work, pressure and entitlement. When you begin to wonder if these safe routine's are really delivering you the good life you used to dream of.

You don't have to destroy your comfort zone, all you've to do is expand it.
Some people address this challenge by knocking down their comfort zone or jumping right out of it- that is a dangerous move to take. It's clear that a 'comfort zone' is a mental construct and that changing it requires a change of mindset. From the heart of your heart what do you derive, what are your expectations about life, how do you want to be remembered, do you really love what you do. We can't always find answers to all that because we are not the authors of our live but we are however given the mind to think and do what is right. - The needful. When you start to think outside the box, you can stretch your comfort zone to try new things.
Expanding your comfort zone allows you to let your unconscious mind find the right way for you- which it can do more effectively than all your conscious fretting. You will discover how to let yourself relax really deeply an release your own inner creativity and spirit of adventure. It will begin to feel completely natural again to let your mind bring new ideas and set your reasoning towards the unexpected and make you enjoy them.

Comments

  1. Now my comfort zone is wearing my XXL bubu, lying on my bed, one leg on the wall and reading with my phone. I hate the idea of dressing up and going out 😔😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you know what Ozi, I prefer to invites friends over and sha rake under the big tree in my house 😊. If you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmaoooooo we really need to work on your comfort zone before it destroys us. What do you intend to do about this?The rake movement will forever fit for us. Rake is there to stay let's add taxes to it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

Using The Power Of Your Unconscious Mind To Build Better Relationships

SIMPLIFYING AND UNDERSTANDING LOVE LANGUAGES