Using The Power Of Your Unconscious Mind To Build Better Relationships

DOES THE ADVICE TO LOVE YOURSELF MAKE SENSE?

Loving oneself doesn't entail that one is selfish, it just states that no one loves Nigeria better than Nigerians. Some times I sit in my room either blogging, watching my favorite TV programme, googling, trying new things on my web page, getting inspired by the social networking lifestyle,  listening to music, reading number of books by my bed side or maybe eating- is always kitchen to bedroom for me, it works just fine LOL...
   During those times, my Dad knocks in to ask "Ozi are you okay? You haven't stepped out since morning, I find it horrifying that you choose to sit inside your room for the whole day". Most times I laugh when he ask these questions, I understand that my dad cares about my well being or he needs to be sure I'm not encountering depression lol (we can't always wave that away). For me settling indoors works just perfectly, I wouldn't however label it as "settling in my comfort zone" my comfort zone mostly looks like hanging out with family, friends, new people or sitting indoor with a loved one and doing absolutely nothing but talking for most of the time. I choose to do all that for my comfort moments. I love myself more than my dad does because for him, spending the whole day inside seems like an absurd thing to do, because for him that's something he will never do, he however doesn't know I probably overwork myself just sitting in there all by myself.
   In many peoples mind, the idea of self love is all wrong. Aren't we supposed to focus on others? To love others? Why do we have to think of our self first and not communicate with the outside world? But they however don't know that if you don't learn to communicate within yourself, is never fine communicating with the outside world. Ideally if you don't match your own standard, you can't be able to love another, let's refocus on relationship with the opposite sex(our partners), if you can't be able to love yourself, you would never know when you're being loved less. Self love isn't selfishness, it is the ability to strengthen and empower yourself. The ability to give yourself more capacity, you actually have more to offer. And on top of that all- you enjoy your relationship with family, your partner, colleagues, siblings and the outside world. 
   Have you been in the habit of being down on yourself, beating yourself up for being a failure, it can feel hard to give up these negative patterns. This is partly because they are just so familiar. Maybe you were raised to think like this or learned it later from people around you. And now they're part of 'who you are' and it's hard to imagine how to be different.
   All these are only barriers that clouds our judgment, when you begin to release yourself from self pity and pain, you will start to realize your self worth. Loving yourself only feels like.....
* You begin to stop feeling like you're at war with yourself all the time.
* You start getting to know yourself much more deeply than before.
* You begin to take a more balanced an fair approach to any mistakes, faults or failings while still aiming to do your best.
* You find out that you now tend to get on better with others.
* You begin to experience what your self worth feels like.
Because sweetheart loving yourself never feels wrong, don't let anyone tell you otherwise because at the end of the day- You Only Have Yourself.

Now can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?

                           #TheThawLifeWithOzi

Comments

  1. wow that was a nourishing one but i got a funny question to ask.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

EXPAND YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND PUT SOME ADVENTURE IN YOUR LIFE