WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

For most youths today depression is taking a toil on us, you sit in there and believe you have become useless to yourself, the human nature and the society, depression comes in so many ways, it has no explanation to how it starts off or happen, it just takes you from somewhere and before you know it, you're missing your essence to this life. However, whenever you start feeling the need of being conformed to a certain atmosphere or certain way, always feel the need to talk to someone, anyone you trust, one who your hearts align too. What worries you? What's your addiction? What takes your mind off? What are you becoming settled with? It will surprise us to know that what we love the most tends to do more harm than good to us. A friend decided to share this with us...... #BeInspired

I woke up each morning and wish I was dead, life had no meaning to me, no value, like a dead leaf. Why was I still living? What was left for me? I walk around with a mask called a smile and no one knew what I felt inside. I lost all hope and love for life, my life was a farce, I became a shadow of my self, the fun and playful side of me was gone, those who I thought were my friends were no where to be found, I lost the love of my life, I lost 30 months of my life just lying in bed soaked in self pity and regret, I cried in my sleep, my level of confidence dropped and people took advantage of me, I could see the look of pain and sorry everyday in the eyes of my mum, I couldn't be there for my family, I thought about my future kids seeing their dad as a vegetable, I lost touch with my real friends, it felt like being tied to a tree and no one to help untie you, I became repulsive and suicidal, I lost my faith and relationship with God and my pastor, my life lost all meaning all because of drug abuse.... 
Yet I didn't give up! One day I stood up and said I was going to fight this, I stayed off drugs, started going to the gym more often, started going to church and going out more, I began eating more healthy and stayed off anything drug related, I told myself "You only have yourself at the end of it all, if you can't find a way to help yourself, no one will do it for you" gradually I came back to the person I believed in, My self confidence was back, my love for God and life was back. I was there for my family again, It was a rebirth, now I have better friends and better goals in life, I have vowed to advocate for other people who are also going through depression to tell them it's not over yet. If I can do it then you can do it too! 
Henry Femi Ojo.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXPAND YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND PUT SOME ADVENTURE IN YOUR LIFE

Using The Power Of Your Unconscious Mind To Build Better Relationships